I am honored to be three-time finalist for the 2023 16th annual National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards for Podcast Host, Diversity in Entertainment and Personality Profile. Finalists with me for podcast host include Jon Stewart and for Diversity in Entertainment Ari Saperstein from the New York Times. I am floored to be a finalist with journalists from KCRW, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter and the New York Times.
From the Los Angeles Press Club: “For the 16th National A&E Journalism Awards, our judges carefully reviewed more than 1,600 entries, and you came out on top with the best A&E reporting in the nation.”
J1. Radio/Podcast Anchor/Host
* Lisa Niver, PODCAST: Make Your Own Map, “Lisa Niver HOST of Make Your Own Map”
- Jon Stewart, Apple TV+ Podcast, “The Problem with Jon Stewart: The Official Podcast”
- Elvis Mitchell, KCRW, “Robert Townsend, Carell Augustus and The Treat: an essential but underappreciated Bowie album”
- Madeleine Brand, KCRW, “Press Play with Madeleine Brand”
- Michael Schneider, Clayton Davis, Jazz Tangcay, Jenelle Riley, Emily Longeretta, Variety, “Variety’s Awards Circuit Podcast”
K6. Diversity in the TV/Streaming Industry
Lisa Niver, We Said Go Travel, “Unveiling the Uncharted: Jeff Jenkins on Embracing Life Beyond Comfort Zones”
- Ari Saperstein, The New York Times, “‘Best Foot Forward’ Is a Story About, and by, People With Disabilities”
- Emily Longeretta, Variety, “Neal Bledsoe Steps Away From Great American Family: ‘My Support for the LGBTQIA+ Community Is Unconditional’”
- Elaine Low, Insider, “Warner Bros. Discovery nearly axed the TV writers workshop known as its own ‘farm team,’ then rushed to announce a new plan amid Hollywood backlash”
- Christy Piña, The Hollywood Reporter, “‘We Don’t All Fit Neatly Inside a Box’: How Latin Execs Across Studios Are Fighting for More Representation”
K10B. Personality Profile, TV Personalities
Lisa Niver, Jewish Journal, “Walking with Andrew McCarthy”
- William Earl, Variety, “Screaming Matches and Food Fights: ‘Bar Rescue’ Host Jon Taffer Breaks Down the 96-Hour Marathon of Saving a Business”
- Tricia Romano, Alta Journal, “Dan Savage’s Adaptation”
- Sean Wilsey, Alta Journal, “It Came from San Francisco”
- Christian Zilko, IndieWire, “Tim Heidecker and Gregg Turkington Give Us ‘Siskel & Ebert’ at the Gates of Hell”
Thank you to Jeff Jenkins of Never Say Never and Andrew McCarthy of Walking with Sam for the interviews that led to these nominations. Thank you to ALL of my podcast guests and listeners from 40 countries on 6 continents. YAY!
Thank you to the Los Angeles Press Club and Diana Ljungaeus, Executive Director!
At the Gala on December 3, 2023,
OUR HONOREES FOR THE GALA:
Barbara Eden will be honored with the Legend Award. Henry Louis Gates, Jr., host/producer/writer of PBS’ “Finding Your Roots” will receive the Luminary Award for Career Achievement. Legendary actor and educator LeVar Burton will be honored with the second Distinguished Storyteller Award for his Literacy Impact and director/writer/producer Ava DuVernay will accept the Visionary Award for Humanitarian Work. Iconic writer, director and producer Roger Corman is set to accept Los Angeles Press Club’s Distinguished Storyteller Award for filmmaking.
This year’s National A&E Journalism Awards Gala is dedicated to the memory of Bob Barker, the very first Legend Awardee and a cherished friend of the LA Press Club.
Lisa Niver has won many awards! From 2017 to 2023, in the Southern California Journalism Awards and National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards, she has won five times and been a finalist twenty-five times for a variety of broadcast, print and digital categories.
- 2023 2x Finalist: Southern California Journalism Awards for Travel Reporting and Podcast Interview
- 2022 Finalist: Southern California Journalism Awards for BOOK CRITICISM
- 2021 Finalist: National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards for Commentary Diversity/Gender and Commentary Analysis/Trend — Film
- 2021 Winner: Southern California Journalism Awards for TECHNOLOGY REPORTING
- 2021 Finalist: Southern California Journalism Awards for BOOK CRITICISM
- 2020 Winner: National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards for Book Critic. See all of Lisa’s book reviews here.
- 2020 Finalist: National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards for Book Critic
- 2020 Winner: Southern California Journalism Awards for print magazine article: Hemispheres Magazine for United Airlines
- 2020 Five Time Finalist: Southern California Journalism awards
- 2019 Winner: NAEJ Award for KTLA TV segment
- 2019 Finalist: National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards in three categories
- Category H2a. Soft News: Ms. Magazine: Polar Bears Can’t Vote So You Have To
- Category F6a. Soft News Feature – Under 5 Minutes—Film/TV: KTLA TV Oscars Countdown to Gold with Lisa Niver
- Category C1b. Business, Music/Tech/Art: My Wharton Magazine article: Four Female Founders Share Their Origin Stories
- 2019 Finalist: Southern California Journalism Awards for Broadcast Television Lifestyle Segment: Ogden Ski Getaway
- 2018 Finalist for three categories of Southern California Journalism Awards:
- 2017 2nd place winner for Southern California Journalism Award Print Column “A journey to freedom over three Passovers” and finalist for Travel Reporting.
More about Lisa Niver: https://lisaniver.com/awards/