Thank you! I am honored to have won for my print magazine story for Hemispheres Magazine for United Airlines in the 2020 Southern California Journalism Awards.
G6. PRINT MAGAZINE FEATURE, Under 1,000 Words: Any feature.
This year the Southern California Journalism Awards Gala was virtual and hosted by Cher Calvin from KTLA and George Pennacchio from ABC.
Thank you to everyone who has supported me and to all of the outlets who published my work. Please see below for my print, digital and broadcast content which was nominated in 2020. Thank you to the Los Angeles Press Club for this opportunity to be recognized!
A5. ONLINE JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR
- Lisa Niver, We Said Go Travel
B4a. ACTIVISM JOURNALISM
- Lisa Niver, Ms. Magazine, “What Growing up X Taught Ilyasah Shabazz about Feminism”
B13. EDUCATIONAL REPORTING
- Lisa Niver, Wharton Magazine, “Treat Your Business Rival as Inspiration, Not Competition”
I10. BROADCAST LIFESTYLE FEATURE
CONGRATULATIONS to all of the WINNERS and FINALISTS! I am honored to be recognized in this esteemed group!
My past nominations and winning content:
2019 Winner: NAEJ Award for KTLA TV segment
2019 Finalist: National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards in three categories
- Category H2a. Soft News: Ms. Magazine: Polar Bears Can’t Vote So You Have To
- Category F6a. Soft News Feature – Under 5 Minutes—Film/TV: KTLA TV Oscars Countdown to Gold with Lisa Niver
- Category C1b. Business, Music/Tech/Art: My Wharton Magazine article: Four Female Founders Share Their Origin Stories
2018 Finalist for three categories of Southern California Journalism Awards:
- SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY REPORTING: Smithsonian
- TRAVEL REPORTING: Popsugar Fitness
- PERSONALITY PROFILE: Saturday Evening Post