The lights of Chanukah hold a special place in my heart. This joyous celebration with eight nights of candles serves as a reminder of miraculous moments from our history. The tale of the oil that lasted for eight nights and the triumph of the Maccabees against Antiochus adds a profound layer of significance to this festival. My Chanukah gift guide shares eight of my favorite things this year!
1. Soar Above the Lights with a NYonAir NYC Helicopter Experience: Channel the spirit of resilience with a doors-off helicopter ride over New York City. Just as the oil miraculously lasted for eight nights, this exhilarating experience with NYonAir will be an enduring memory, offering a breathtaking view of the city and its landmarks. I went with my sister to celebrate our birthdays in October.
2. Ignite the Mind: In the spirit of the miraculous victories of the past, gift the opportunity for intellectual growth with a class. Like the enduring flame in the temple, education is a flame that can never be extinguished, lighting up the mind for a lifetime. During the pandemic, I took 10 classes with UCLA Senior Scholars. Most universities offer a program for seniors. If you want to expand your writing, I can highly recommend a workshop with David Hochman at UPOD Academy or take Professor Susan Shapiro’s 5 week Pitch Class!
3. Empower and Explore: Celebrate with a trip to the Women’s Travel Fest in Mexico in Feb 16-19, 2024. Rendezvous with women who share a passion for travel and new experiences. I am speaking at the conference about my award winning memoir, Brave-ish: One Breakup, Six Continents and Feeling Fearless After Fifty. I will share stories of courage, self-discovery, and the joy of embracing new adventures. Use my special promo code: BRAVE-ISH for a $25 discount on your tickets.
Shawn, Lisa and Erica at the Business Traveler Awards
4. Style Revolution: Anatomie’s travel luxury clothes blend style and comfort seamlessly transforming the ordinary into something extraordinary. Their collection is designed to fly but you will find yourself wearing your new clothes for every occasion. I wore the Marine Velvet Dress when I judged the Business Traveler Awards in Miami and have basically not taken off the Travel City Slick jacket since I got it. This collection promises an infusion of elegance and practicality, offering a delightful wardrobe upgrade for your loved ones during this festive season. Use my code for 15% off site-wide for your first purchase: NiverAlpha23
5. Elevate Your Journey Effortless maneuvering becomes second nature with smooth-rolling wheels and a 360-degree spinner system, ensuring you navigate through airports and streets with ease. The secure zippers and built-in TSA-approved combination locks provide peace of mind, allowing you to travel confidently. Level8’s luggage makes a fashion-forward statement, reflecting a blend of aesthetics and functionality. Gift the joy of stress-free and stylish travel this Chanukah, and let your loved ones embark on their adventures with the elevated features of Level8’s new luggage.
6. Express Yourself in Style Unleash the power of self-expression with a shopping spree at Macy’s, your ultimate destination for an eclectic mix of brands. Macy’s offers a shopping haven where beloved brands like Calvin Klein, INC, and Vince Camuto converge, allowing you to curate your style from a diverse selection. Dive into the award-winning Vince Camuto collection, a true gem in Macy’s fashion portfolio. I wore a navy Vince Camuto pantsuit for my sermon at Stephen Wise Temple and a light blue floor length Vince Camuto gown when I won a Diversity in Television award at the 2023 National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards. As you explore the aisles or look through the app which I wrote about for WIRED, step into the light of self-expression, celebrate your unique style, and embark on a shopping spree.
7. My Cherished Companion since 2008: The convenience of carrying an entire library in one slim device is a game-changer for any avid reader. This Chanukah, consider the gift of Kindle – a portal to countless adventures, an ode to the love of reading, and an opportunity to share the magic of literature, whether through timeless classics or the latest page-turner, including my award winning memoir, Brave-ish: One Breakup, Six Continents and Feeling Fearless After Fifty. The Kindle is more than a device; it’s an invitation to embark on a literary journey that knows no bounds.
8. Dive into Joy As an avid swimmer and scuba diver, the allure of a great pool in a hotel is like discovering a hidden oasis during my travels. The glistening surface invites me to dive in, embracing the joy of swimming that brings peace to my soul. I travel with my swim goggles and a cap. For those who share my passion, I recommend checking out Swim Outlet for top-quality swimming gear. This link helps my favorite young swim team, you not only get excellent gear for yourself but also contribute to a talented team. This Hanukkah, gift the joy of swimming, and let the water become a source of boundless happiness and well-being.
Take Chanukah Auction: Israel has mobilized its entire society to respond in strength to Hamas’
unprecedented and unprovoked attack on October 7—the deadliest day for the Jewish people since the Holocaust. Take a moment to purchase Israeli products, as a practical means of demonstrating solidarity, contributing to the country’s economic stability, and fostering our global and collective sense of unity in these tumultuous times. Am Yisrael Chai! BUY BLUE AND WHITE
Let’s celebrate the miraculous moments of the past while creating new ones by embodying the spirit of light, triumph, and resilience. This Chanukah, I am praying for the remaining hostages to return to Israel healthy and alive and for the strength of the soldiers to bring them home.