It is hard for me to do the things I need to do. I waiver. I worry. I get frustrated and I complain. I think that this website will never grow. I think no one will enter the travel writing award. I wonder if it is worth it to spend so much time and energy. Then I read Jen Sincero‘s book, You are a Badass, and get going on my journey.
After reading the quotes from her book below, you need to do TWO THINGS: 1. buy her book, 2. enter my travel writing award!
“Is your fear greater than your faith in the unknown and yourself?
Or is your faith in the unknown and yourself greater than your fear?
On the other side of your fear is your freedom.”
Here are her tips to “navigate your way through the jungle of fear:”
- View fear from your rear view mirror and remember our greatest fears are the greatest waste of time
- Flip the Fear
- Be in the Moment
- Cut off the stream of crap “Wallowing in the pain and suffering isn’t gone got help anyone, yourself included, any more than starving yourself will help the hungry.”
- Don’t think of anything upsetting in bed at night
- Love yourself and you will be invincible.
- Talk to strangers, we’re all family on this planet.
- Expect, and enjoy, the unexpected.
- Find the humor.
- Join the party.
- Live in the moment.
- Time spent enjoying yourself is never wasted.
- Share your space.
- Loosen your bone, Wilma.
My friend recommended I read Jen Sincero’s book and I agree it is fantastic. I am keeping it on my desk for inspiration and to stop getting in my own way. I have built We Said Go Travel and I am going to keep going. What are you doing to do? I would love to hear about your journey to awesomeness! Remember #youareabadass!
Listen to Sincero: