I was in New York this day 21 years ago when the Towers fell. We remember 9/11
Today, 21 years later, our account is dedicated to remembering our 9/11 fallen brothers and sisters. Please join us in our vow to #NeverForget pic.twitter.com/MdErUYQOvf— NYPD NEWS (@NYPDnews) September 11, 2022
Today is one of remembrance for both victims & survivors of the #September11 attacks, when we honor the tremendous sacrifices of our first responders & recovery workers.— New York City 311 (@nyc311) September 11, 2022
The Tribute in Light is from 3:00 PM to dawn at the @Sept11Memorial: https://t.co/4ijFknIgBz#NeverForget pic.twitter.com/RiLJw7xu59
During this time of national mourning, we also remember the attacks in New York and elsewhere in the USA which took place 21 years ago today.— South Yorkshire Fire (@SYFR) September 11, 2022
We remember all those- including so many from @FDNY– who lost their lives that day.#911Anniversary #11September pic.twitter.com/9uvhwrI7gS
Today we remember the 2,996 people who lost their lives 19 years ago today, including the 343 New York City Fire Department (FDNY) personnel & 72 police officers who gave their lives in the line of duty.— Mersey Fire (@MerseyFire) September 11, 2020
#911Anniversary #NeverForget pic.twitter.com/5d2KTp5VQN
21 years ago, the world learned a poignant lesson in compassion, generosity, and finding light & community in the darkest of moments. Inspired by the Newfoundlanders who opened their arms, hearts, and homes to strangers without a second thought, for 5 days, we will honor, commemorate, and come together to spread kindness and give back.
“On September 11th, we honor what was lost; on September 12th, we commemorate what we’ve found.”
JOIN US FOR 5 DAYS OF GIVING BACK AND COMMEMORATING.
- MONDAY, 9.12: PAY IT FORWARD DAY
- PAY IT FORWARD 9/11
Join Kevin T’s ripple effect by doing 3 acts of kindness in and around your community. Then, pay it forward by inspiring others to do the same. Join Kevin’s mission to do 22,000 good deeds for 2022 and the 11 Days of Kindness & Unity campaign from September 1-11.
- LITTLE WORDS PROJECT
Little Words Project® aims to inspire and encourage people to be kind to themselves and to pay that kindness forward, one bracelet at a time. Members of our Broadway company made custom Come From Away bracelets to pay forward to people in New York City.
- DAY OF SERVICE
As we do each year, Come From Away will join 9/11 Day of Service in their ongoing mission to transform the anniversary of 9/11 into a worldwide day of unity and doing good, and to encourage millions of people to remember and pay tribute each 9/11 through good deeds.
- The Broadway company will be performing the song “Prayer” at the NYC meal packing event. Tune in to this performance on our Facebook Page.
- Click here to learn more about Day of Service volunteer opportunities in your area.
- HEART 9/11 PRESENTS THE 2ND ANNUAL 9/12 TRIBUTE
An evening of reflection and resilience to tribute to New York’s 9/11 recovery mission workers and the pandemic’s frontline heroes to benefit HEART 9/11 featuring a special performance from members of Come From Away’s Broadway Company.
- TUESDAY, 9.13:
- SMALL ACTS OF KINDNESS WITH KINDNESS.ORG
Thanks to Kindness.org’s recent research looking at which kind acts matter most, we’re excited to share some ways you can choose kindness this week — and feel good knowing just how meaningful the impact is.
- Engage in small acts of kindness throughout the day:
– Give up a seat on the bus or train for someone
– Take care of someone who is sick
– Help someone cross the street
– Be there for someone if they are in trouble
– Buy lunch for someone
- COME FROM AWAY THE CONCERT IN NEWFOUNDLAND
We are honored & humbled to bring Come From Away back to The Rock as part of Newfoundland and Labrador’s Come Home celebration! Come From Away in Concert will be presented in Gander Sept 13-15 and St. John’s Sept 19-20.
- WEDNESDAY, 9.14:
- LOVE LOT WITH FELT
Share in our gratitude! Just as the Come From Aways thanked the Newfoundlanders, join us is showering them in thanks! Download the Felt app and send a card to Gander Town Hall through the Come From Away Love Lot. All cards will arrive at once.
- THURSDAY, 9.15:
- STOP THE WORLD, TAKE A PICTURE & GIVE BACK
Today, we want to encourage you to take a moment to capture the beauty of community while also taking time to reflect on your own. Take some time today to be mindful and then share your photos and tag our partners to spread the word & give back to important causes.
- Early Childhood Literacy with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library
- Animals From Away with Gander SPCA
- FRIDAY, 9.16: WHAT WE FOUND
- Join us at The Schoenfeld and receive a daffodil bulb to plant in a park and further the project’s mission following the performance in partnership with our friends at New Yorkers for Parks’ Daffodil Project.
- NY4P’s Daffodil Project is the largest annual volunteer effort in NYC history. It is a living memorial to the victims of September 11 and Covid-19, a platform for citywide parks stewardship and civic engagement, and a celebration of the New Yorkers championing parks equity in their communities. Established in 2001, the Daffodil Project is now in its 21st year.
Learn more about the Come From Away Projects here.