Thank you to everyone for your interest in our Travel Writing Contests! We have published all of the Gratitude Contest entries and will be announcing the winners at the end of this month.
The Inspiration Travel Writing Contest is open and has a $1,000usd first prize! Enter by February 14, 2014 at midnight PST.
We are looking for an article about a place that inspires you to spend your time with no regrets. In Arnold Bennett’s book, How to Live on 24 Hours a Day, he writes about how time is the ideal democracy. “No one can take [time] from you. It is unstealable. And no one receives either more or less than you receive.” Every morning we have a new day, as he says, “The supply of time is truly a daily miracle.” Where and how do you wish to spend your time?
THEME: Inspiration: A place that inspires you to spend your time wisely with no regrets.
More information: CLICK HERE
Books to inspire you:
- If You Want to Write: A Book about Art, Independence and Spirit recommended by Guy Kawasaki
- Lonely Planet Travel Writing by Don George
- On Writing: 10th Anniversary Edition: A Memoir of the Craft By Stephen King, recommended by Russell and Asia
- TRAVEL WRITING 2.0: Earning Money from your Travels in the New Media Landscape recommended by Nora the Professional Hobo
- A Sense of Place: Great Travel Writers Talk About Their Craft, Lives, and Inspiration (Travelers’ Tales) recommended by David Farley
- Story: Style, Structure, Substance, and the Principles of Screenwriting
- Super Brand You recommended by Dr. Jessie Voigts
- Write Out Loud by Carol Barash. This book is written for high school students but I highly recommend it for anyone who wants to improve their writing! Lisa Niver Rajna