Thank you to MIC and Emma Sarran Webster for including me in their article,
“6 vacation destinations to add to your Scuba Diving Bucket List!”
Blue Corner, Palau
Palau in general is considered one of the best dive spots in the world, with stunning clear waters and an abundance of wildlife — much of which is protected thanks to the 2015 creation of a massive marine sanctuary. But perhaps the best-known dive site is the Blue Corner, where reef walls are home to a vast variety of wildlife, including sharks, barracudas and more. The currents can be pretty strong at the Blue Corner, so it’s best for experienced divers; and, as noted by PADI, divers typically anchor themselves to (dead parts of) the reef so the current doesn’t take over. Lisa Niver, founder of We Said Go Travel, did just that. “The divemaster hooked us into the reef, and we literally hung in the current like kites as sharks and other underwater creatures swam by us,” she said. “It was magical.”
Where has Lisa been diving? All over our planet!
See some of her dive videos underwater in
Dominican Republic, Mexico, Cuba, Bonaire:
- Diving with BullSharks: https://scubadiverlife.com/visit-sharkschool-playa-del-carmen/
- Swimming with Jellyfish: https://scubadiverlife.com/safe-swim-jellyfish/
- Luxury Magazine about Bonaire: https://wesaidgotravel.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Luxury-Magazine-Bonaire-Spring-2017-Niver.jpg from this Spring issue: http://www.luxurymagazine.com/issue/spring2017
- Delta Sky Magazine about Fabien Cousteau: http://fabiencousteau.com/wp-content/uploads/Press/2017_Delta_Sky_Mag/FC_PRESS_0417_DeltaSkyMagazine.pdf
- Is Scuba Diving in Bonaire Bucket-List Worthy?
We Said Go Travel: https://wesaidgotravel.com/bonaire/ with 11 videos
- Jewish Journal : Is Scuba Diving in Bonaire Bucket-List Worthy