Thank you for all of your support! I am a three time finalist for the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism (NAEJ) Awards!
Please find my three recently nominated stories below as well as my six nominations from the Southern California Journalism Awards over the past three years. Thank you to the Los Angeles Press Club and especially to Chris Palmeri, Club President, and Diana Ljungaeus, Executive Director
In the category C1b. Business, Music/Tech/Art: My Wharton Magazine article: Four Female Founders Share Their Origin Stories
Thank you to my editor, Richard Rys, and to the fantastic female founders who shared their stories with me: Karen Murphy O’Brien, Florence Quinn, Jennifer Hawkins and Victoria King. I also really appreciate the eight other female founders I interviewed for Women’s History Month who all appear in my Saturday Evening Post article: 12 Travel Experts Share Their Bucket List Destinations
In the Category F6a. Soft News Feature – Under 5 Minutes—Film/TV: KTLA TV Oscars Countdown to Gold with Lisa Niver
Thank you to KTLA TV and my incredible and sparkly producer, Kimberly Cornell! My KTLA TV segment about Ogden, Utah for Valentine’s Day was a finalist nominee in the the 2019 Southern California Journalism Awards. Click here to watch all my KTLA TV Travel segments!
In the Category H2a. Soft News: My Ms. Magazine article: Polar Bears Can’t Vote So You Have To
Thank you to my magnificent Ms. Magazine editor, Carmen Rios, for all of her help and support with my writing, events and covering conferences including the United Nations and Gates Foundation Goalkeepers in NYC! I love being on the Ms. Magazine digital site and writing for the print magazine too!
Click to see my bucket list walk with the Polar Bears with Churchill Wild in my videos. I also wrote about the Polar Bears in my USA Today 10best article: “Clear Your Mind in these Open Spaces Made for Exploring!”
My three nominations for 2018 Southern California Journalism Awards
- SCIENCE/TECHNOLOGY REPORTING: Smithsonian
- TRAVEL REPORTING: Popsugar Fitness
- PERSONALITY PROFILE: Saturday Evening Post
Who else is nominated in my NAEJ Awards categories?
C1b. Business, Music/Tech/Art related
* Shirley Halperin, Variety, “XXXTentacion’s ‘Skins’ and the Game: The Players Behind the Posthumous Album”
* Natalie Jarvey, The Hollywood Reporter, “Nancy Dubuc: Vice’s New Sheriff”
* Lisa Niver, Wharton Magazine, “4 Women Founders Share Their Origin Stories”
* Stacy Perman, Los Angeles Times, “The number of women directing films is abysmal. Alma Har’el has a plan to change that”
* Stacey Sommer, Brendan Kennedy, Caroline Pahl and Dexter Thomas, VICE News, “Pinkfong: The business behind the viral ‘Baby Shark’ hit”
H2a. Soft News
* Michelle Boston, USC Dornsife College of Letters, Arts and Sciences, “Pokemon Linquistics”
* Chris Gardner and Seth Abramovitch, The Hollywood Reporter, “Jordan Peele on Making Movies After ‘Us’: ‘I Don’t See Myself Casting a White Dude as the Lead’
* Lisa Niver, Ms. Magazine, “Polar Bears Can’t Vote, So You Have To!”
* Brian Steinberg, Variety, “Trump and Technology Force TV News Shake Up”
* Chris Willman, Variety, “‘That’s From Disneyland!’: How a Collector’s Pop-Up Became a Must-See L.A. Destination”
F6a. Soft News Feature – Under 5 Minutes—Film/TV
* Natalie Heltzel, Sebastian Doughty, Jennifer Laski, Stephanie Fischette, Carlos Medina, Hannah Carpenter, The Hollywood Reporter, “Trevor Noah Talks Jennifer Lopez, Bernie Sanders in ‘Fishing for Answers’ Cover Shoot Video”
* KCET, Lost LA – “The Origin of the Universal Studios Hollywood Studio Tour”
* Brendan Kennedy, Stacey Sommer and Gaby Wilson, VICE News, “An Emmy For Megan”
* Doug Kolk, Michael Joseph James, KTLA 5 News, “Price is Right”
* Lisa Niver, KTLA 5 Special Projects, “Countdown to Gold on KTLA TV for the Oscars with Lisa Niver”
Congrats to the KTLA TV NAEJ Awards Finalists!
Kacey Montoya, Paul Sanchez, KTLA 5 News
Doug Kolk, Michael Joseph James, KTLA 5 News
Lisa Niver, KTLA 5 Special Projects,
Frank Buckley, Kimberly Cornell, Angel C. Kim, Bobby Gonzalez
KTLA Entertainment & Special Projects Team
KTLA Digital Team