Want to experience Reykjavik the Icelandic way? Make sure to soak in the thermal waters with the 7-step ritual at Sky Lagoon!
On my way to Sky Lagoon 🇮🇸Iceland
I had always heard about the lagoon experiences in Iceland and it was on my bucket list to go try it out. I went to the Sky Lagoon which opened April 30, 2021. It is a thermal spa minutes from downtown Reykjavik.
Ready to Relax and Renew in Iceland? Meet me at Sky Lagoon Iceland 🇮🇸
Sky Lagoon has the Ritual, which is a seven-step journey based on generations of Icelandic bathing culture.
- Soak in the Lagoon and slow down –also visit the slightly hidden in-water bar!
- Cold plunge and cool down –I was worried it would be too cold for me, but I loved this part so much. I lasted counting to ten!
- Sauna with a Sky view –the largest piece of glass in Iceland allows a full scenic view. TIP: turn over an hour glass and try to stay the whole time
- Cold mist –This room allows you to recharge and refresh your senses. TIP: sit on the bench. Taking your feet off the floor makes it feel less chilly.
- Body scrub: The Sky Scrub was a perfect next step. TIP: not on your face!
- Steam: inhale the heat and let the scrub soak into your skin
- Shower & return to LAGOON! Here you rinse clean and return to the lagoon pool. I felt revitalized and ready for sparkling water at the bar! There are alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks.
I loved the private changing facilities on the Sky Pass and the easy to use lockers. There are plenty of towels so you do not need a robe or slippers as the floor is warm. There are plastic bags available for your wet swimsuit and they have hairdryers and soap and shampoo in the showers.
Sky Lagoon Iceland: waterfall in slow motion
YES! I have hooped on a train, in a jail with dancing prisoners, at Denali Alaska and now in a LAGOON! Also on several cruise ships! Where should I HOOP next?
Can you EAT at Sky Lagoon Iceland?
YES! We ate before and after our soak in the lagoon at SMAKK BAR! Have a coffee, fresh baked danish or Icelandic platter.
What to do in Reykjavik? FlyOver Iceland 🇮🇸
This immersive film experience is a cross between 4D, IMAX and actually flying past giant glaciers and fast running fjords. This journey whisks you to the most remote and hard to see scenery. I also loved learning about the history of the country through the long house, the trolls and the storytelling!