2019 Round-up of my wonderings around the world! Where did I go? What did I did I do? What did I love? It was a most amazing year! I was fortunate to travel to great places and have the opportunity to share them with you and the audiences of many top publications.
In 2019, I returned to two of my favorite places: Park City, Utah for skiing and NYC for family gatherings. I had my first visit to both Sandals Resorts Montego Bay in Jamaica and Beaches Turks and Caicos with scuba diving. One of my videos is now over 10k views! I dove in Miami and learned about a coral restoration project. I loved seeing Star Wars opening weekend and I found it how hot is it in Scottsdale in the summer and did a TV segment about it! I was honored to represent Ms. Magazine at the United Nations Conference and the Gates Foundation Goalkeepers conference in NYC. I loved being back on campus at PENN in Philadelphia for my 30th year reunion, to speak to students and for Barbara’s Butterfly Ball Gala event for LBBC. I lost my mentor, Joannie Parker, and celebrated her in DC at the Judy Chicago exhibit at NMWA and in Philadelphia with her daughter.
In the summer, I returned to both Fiji and Vanuatu and went to new islands. I walked on an active volcano and went scuba diving to 141 feet! I taught children in a local village to hula hoop! Want to see more photos? Click here and VIDEOS here!
At the end of the year, I went to my dream bucket list destination, the Galapagos Islands. Over the next weeks, I will share the photos, videos and stories of my magical adventures. Want to read more about all of my 2019 journeys, click here to see my newsletters.
In 2019, I was honored to have four nominations for my writing and broadcast TV segments! I won an award at the National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards! See photos from the award ceremonies for Southern California Journalism Awards and my winning segment for KTLA TV at NAEJ!
- 2019 Winner: NAEJ Award for KTLA TV segment
- 2019 Finalist: National Arts and Entertainment Journalism Awards in three categories
- Category H2a. Soft News: Ms. Magazine: Polar Bears Can’t Vote So You Have To
- Category F6a. Soft News Feature – Under 5 Minutes—Film/TV: KTLA TV Oscars Countdown to Gold with Lisa Niver
- Category C1b. Business, Music/Tech/Art: My Wharton Magazine article: Four Female Founders Share Their Origin Stories
- 2019 Finalist: Southern California Journalism Awards for Broadcast Television Lifestyle Segment: Ogden Ski Getaway
Video: One Million VIEWS on YouTube
Thank you so much for your support of my videos! I am thrilled that I now have OVER ONE MILLION VIEWS on my We Said Go Travel YouTube channel! Thank you for watching, liking, commenting and subscribing!
KTLA TV Segments
Watch all five segments of my 2019 KTLA TV segments:
Star Treatment for Critics Choice Awards Jan 21 2019
Founder Father’s President’s weekend in Philadelphia Feb 18 2019
Countdown to Gold: Getting Ready for the Oscars Feb 24 2019
Spring into Summer with Rocky Mountaineer March 31 2019
It’s That Hot in Scottsdale in Summer June 28 2019
In print for Air Canada in enRoute Connect the Bots! Robots and Artificial Intelligence in Hotels, American Airlines in American Airways Tech Moguls Hit The Slopes , Ms. Magazine Can Bicycles Change the World? and United Airlines in Hemispheres Painter by the Numbers.
Online at: Jewish Journal, Ms. Magazine, The Female Quotient, Saturday Evening Post, TODAY.com, USA Today 10best, Wharton Magazine: and of course on my site, We Said Go Travel.
- Looking for Authentic Family Adventure? Answer the Call in Vanuatu
- Make History Come to Life in Philadelphia
- We All Need to Unplug
- Saving our Seas: One Staghorn Coral at a Time
- Ready for a Superhero Summer? Capes included!
- Growing Up Diving: A Childhood Passion Becomes a Career
- Tips for an out-of-this-world family experience at Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
- Strength in Stories: The Transformative Power of Talking About Breast Cancer
- Feminist Fiction Books to Curl Up With for the Holidays
- Eve Rodsky Wants Feminist Partners to Play Fair
- Lilly Singh’s Late-Night Milestone is Just Her Latest Bawse Move
- The Scully Effect and the Feminist Future of STEM
- The Moment of Lift We Need for Father’s Day
- What Growing Up X Taught Ilyasah Shabazz About Feminism
- The Power of Being Picked: Title IX, NAC and South Korea
- We All Have a Place in a Tech: Inside Google’s International Women’s Day Celebration
- Unfiltered: Why Jessica Abo’s Book is the Perfect Galentine’s Day Pick
- Photo Slideshow Mongolia, Canada and Africa: “Clear Your Mind in These Open Spaces Meant for Exploring.”
- Things to do in Jamaica if you’re afraid of the water
- These are the most fun and unique water activities in Jamaica
- Treat Your Business Rival as Inspiration, Not Competition
- 4 Women Founders Share Their Origin Stories
- How to Succeed in Hollywood
- Reader’s Digest: “I did not give up”
- Thrive Global:
- “From Avocation To Vocation: How I Turned My Hobby Into A Career” With Lisa Niver and Phil La Duke
- “To develop Grit, appreciate that you have to fall down to rise up” with Lisa Niver and Phil Laboon
- Let’s Get Intimate: Connecting With Yourself To Live With Better Relationships, with Lisa Ellen Niver and Sasza Lohrey
- “The Future of Travel” Authority Magazine: “Consumers are searching for travel with meaning.”
I was a speaker at the Metro Women’s Leadership Summit We spoke about: “Wonder Woman Needs To Wander!”
I shared the #IamRemarkable training at Ms. Magazine this summer. “#IamRemarkable is a Google initiative empowering women and underrepresented groups to speak openly about their accomplishments in the workplace and beyond, thereby breaking modesty norms and glass ceilings. Learn more at g.co/IamRemarkable”
2021: Creating 2021 Content during COVID-19
2020: Creating 2020 Content during COVID-19
2019: Wonderful Wanderings
Round-ups since returning from Asia
2018: Where were Lisa’s Wonderful Wanderings?
2017: We Said Go Travel is GLOBAL!
2016: What did Lisa LOVE the most?
2015: Highlights from Lisa’s videos and adventures
2014: A real rollercoaster!
One response to “2019 Wonderful Wonderings Year in Review”
Thank You For Sharing Wonderful wonderings year!
Keep It Up,