[vc_row row_type=”row” use_row_as_full_screen_section=”no” type=”full_width” angled_section=”no” text_align=”left” background_image_as_pattern=”without_pattern” css_animation=””][vc_column][vc_row_inner row_type=”row” type=”full_width” text_align=”left” css_animation=””][vc_column_inner width=”2/3″][vc_column_text]
- These contests have an entry fee:
- SATW Lowell Thomas Award: $20 or $50 entry fee. $1,500, $750 and $500 prizes; $500, $250 and $150 for individual entries. The categories for Best Newspaper Travel Coverage, Best Magazines and Best Travel Journalism Websites are not given monetary awards.
- SATW Western Chapter Travel Writing Awards: $15 entry fee with various travel-related categories. $100, $50 and $25 awards.
- North American Travel Journalist Awards: $35 or $85 media entry fees; CVB/DMO members receive the first entry complimentary and non-member fee of $200 each. All winners and finalists are permitted to display the appropriate NATJA Winner or Finalist Seal
- Best Travel Writing Solas Awards: $25 for first two optional categories; $5 for others. Prize: Bragging rights for Gold, Silver, and Bronze; $1000, $750, $500 for Travel Stories of the year.
- We Said Go Travel Writing Contest: Cash Prizes and Judges. Themes: Inspiration(January 2-Feb 14), Independence (May 11-July 4) and Gratitude (September 11-Thanksgiving) All acceptable entries will be published.
- Spend a day with our Travel Writing Award Judge, Cynthia Dial
- Learn from Michele Peterson of A Taste for Travel
- Abdullahi Muhammed Writing Classes in Africa
- Book Passage Conferences, California, USA
- Laura Fraser Destination Writing Retreats—all over the planet
- Amy Friedman: July 2014 Idyllwild Memoir Writing
- Eric Hiss: July 2013 Los Angeles Writers Pad East “From Cheng Du to Timbuktu”
- HarvardWood Literary Workshops Spring 2014: Personal Essay and Memoir Writing
- Annelise Sorensen: New York City Dive In To Travel
- SF Writers’ Grotto classes, California, USA
- Upod Academy: a place for freelancers to support, inspire, amuse, inform, advise, celebrate and hire each other.
RESOURCES IN BOOKS:
[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]Suggestions from We Said Go Travel Writing Contest Judge, Amy Friedman: Desperado’s Wife: A Memoir
[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][vc_column_text]WANT TO SHARE A CONTEST, CLASS OR RESOURCE FOR THIS PAGE?
SEND LISA AN EMAIL TO GET THE INFORMATION ADDED.[/vc_column_text][vc_empty_space][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]