Festival of the Pacific
Events with Lisa and George Rajna
Co-Founders of We Said Go Travel
Co-authors of Traveling in Sin
“Living Without Regret” 2013
Festival of the Pacific is a celebration of travel and transformation hosted by We Said Go Travel and the University of Pennsylvania. The theme, “Living Without Regret: Travel, Love and Success: Make your Dreams a Reality” will be presented in a series of live talks held in Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Guam, Oahu and Los Angeles.
Join Penn graduate Lisa Niver Rajna (C’89) and her husband George Rajna – founders of We Said Go Travel – for an inside look at long-term exotic international travel across Asia. They will share their travel expertise, read an excerpt from their new memoir, “Traveling in Sin,” and provide information about We Said Go Travel’s writing contest, and upcoming community. The Rajnas will also reveal why Myanmar holds a special place in their hearts, and why Lisa states: “The Shwedagon Pagoda is my favorite place on the planet.” Lisa and George have been living abroad since July 2012. Following the live talks, join them for a webinar on October 23, 2013 focusing on their journey in Myanmar.
We would like to recognize the Festival of the Pacific Founding Partners: LACOT, Dave’s Travel Corner, Wandering Educators, Richard Bangs Quest for Adventure, and NokiaConnects.
- Kuala Lumpur: August 20, 2013 Organized by Jessie Marie, 8pm at Sri Nirvana, RSVP on FACEBOOK
- Penang Travel Writer ThinkTank: with Russell and Asia, Our First 100 Days, For more details, contact Lisa(at)wesaidgotravel.com
- Manila: Hotel Solaire: ATTM and TCEB Road Show 2013 Association of Thai Tourism Marketing (ATTM) and Thailand Convention and Event Bureau (TCEB) with Rissa Gatdula-Lumontad The Philippines: 100 Travel Tips, August 22, 2013
- Manila: We Are Sole Sisters September 2, 2013, Melo Villareal of Out of Town Blog,
- Guam: Social Media Strategies September 24, 2013 Visit Guam and Outrigger Guam Resorts. Contact Lisa (at)WeSaidGoTravel.com for more details.
- Oahu: Travel Talk Story with We Said Go Travel: Living without Regret October 3, 2013 7pm at Lotus Honolulu with pupus from Park Restaurant. Raffle prizes from Dishcrawl Honolulu, transportation from Uber Honolulu and drinks from Gogobot Oahu & We Said Go Travel
- RSVP: click here!
- Los Angeles: Join us to celebrate of travel and transformation hosted by PennClubLA, LACOT , Dave’s Travel Corner, Gogobot and We Said Go Travel. The theme, “Living Without Regret: Travel, Love and Success: Make your Dreams a Reality,” is presented by the founders of We Said Go Travel, Lisa Niver Rajna and her husband George Rajna, who will give an inside look into their long-term exotic international travel across Asia over the last fifteen months. They will share their travel expertise, read an excerpt from their new memoir, “Traveling in Sin,” and provide information about We Said Go Travel’s writing contest, and upcoming community. Join us for conversation, drinks and a raffle, at the Luxe Sunset Boulevard Hotel on October 16, at 7:00 PM. RSVP: Facebook or PennClubLA
Webinar: University of Pennsylvania October 23, 2013: 3pmEST Click here to join us online.
More information will be coming soon! To participate, sponsor or RSVP: contact Lisa(at)WeSaidGoTravel.com
Partners: Dave’s Travel Corner , LACOT, Richard Bang’s Keep the Quest Alive and Wandering Educators.
- Sarad Pratham, Advisor Reader’s Club Nepal and Media Consultant to the Nepal Tourism Board: “We hosted a Reader’s Club event with Lisa and George in Kathmandu, Nepal who shared their experience in travelling and writing. They were easy to work with, prepared, engaging. Our writers were happy to meet them. We would work with them again and plan to host them again when they return to Nepal in 2014.”
- Jennifer Davis-Flynn, Online Communications Manager at Women’s Adventure Magazine: “Great job on the Blue Zone post. It’s our top post (by far) this week. Even beating out the homepage for page views. Way to go!
- Dave Thompson, Founder of Dave’s Travel Corner: “Lisa is a whirling dervish – spreading her enthusiasm and passion for travel to all those she comes in contact with. She has a unique ability to inspire and cross culturally connect people – and is a master planner of industry events. Furthermore she is a prolific promoter and has mastered the power of social media communication and outreach. I am excited and am looking forward to being a part of the California “Festival of the
- Richard Bangs, Award Winning TV Producer, Quest for Adventure, “For the last three years, I have worked with Lisa on live and online events, contests and web promotions. Her ability to promote and place articles is so significant I have repeatedly attempted to hire her full time for my travel company. I highly recommend her and her boundless enthusiasm and social media network connections.”
- Ben Phillips, Next Level Adventure: consult on new website: “Your in-depth knowledge of the social media and SEO landscape has really helped me understand the choices I had to make for my website and blog. You broke the process down into easy manageable steps, which helped guide me toward success. I had tried to start a site before, but it all seemed overwhelming, after talking and meeting with you I knew every step I had to take. Thank you again.”
- Elisabeth Eaves, New York Times bestselling author: “Lisa Niver Rajna did a great job publicizing travel books, including mine, through her travel writing contest and book raffle. With enviable energy and enthusiasm, she recruited 60 authors from 15 countries to participate. I’d work with her again in a hot second.”
- Sherry Ott, National Founder Meet Plan Go: “Lisa planned an event for us in LA for our annual 2011 Meet Plan Go events (www.meetplango.com). Her creativeness, enthusiastic work ethic, and relationship building skills were the key to her building a new audience in LA for the event. She did a great job of marketing and promoting the event. LA was a new city for us in 2011 and it was our highest attendance of our first-time cities. Her ability to organize her tasks and meet deadlines were the key to hosting a successful event. Lisa did social media marketing for the event, and conducted local public relations.In addition to event planning, she also was the emcee for the event and utilized her presentation skills to provide critical information and deliver ‘calls to action’.While working for us she demonstrated leadership, the ability to meet deadlines, marketing skills, and writing and editing skills in addition to showing her passion for her work. She was a pleasure to work with and we were very satisfied with her performance; we will continue to work with her in the future.”
- From our recent Independence Travel Writing Contest (188 writers from 31 countries):
- “Dear Lisa, Thank you for your comments, but also for keeping me up to date – it makes it so much more enjoyable to enter a contest! Knowing the attention you put to it makes me look forward to reading everything else that you post to We Said Go Travel!” Patrick McGraw, USA
- “Lisa, It is lovely to know there is a real, friendly person at the other end of the submission process reading the words. Thanks for all your work in pulling this contest together.” Susan Millions, UCLA instructor, USA
- “Wow Lisa, I had no idea, you would be so encouraging. I am just a budding writer who usually writes features and articles for a parenting magazine. It is gonna be my first entry ever in a travel writing contest. I tried to do my best. Hope you guys like it too.” Iram Waqar from Islamabad, Pakistan
- “Thank you and your team for creating such an amazing, fun competition and allowing us to share our experiences with others. Many thanks.” Linda Kemoli, a first year college student in Kenya