Lisa Ellen Niver
Lisa Ellen Niver, MA is a teacher, traveler, author, speaker and social media ninja who has traveled to over 100 countries and six continents. She is a frequent author in the Huffington Post, USA Today, Wharton Business Magazine, National Geographic, The Jewish Journal among many other publications. She is the founder of We Said Go Travel, a global online community of over 1400 writers with articles from every continent. As a 2012 nominee for the Presidential Award for Excellence in Math and Science Teaching, she received commendations from US Senator Barbara Boxer as well as Fran Pavley, Holly Mitchell, Eric Garcetti from California State Senate, and Assembly, and the Los Angeles City Council. She founded in 2009 the Los Angeles Science Teachers Network with teachers participating from over 70 schools, runs the Science Isn't Scary website and operated the Simply Science camp. She was featured on KTLA National TV on the program Career Day, a show that shares great careers for teens and was invited to speak as an expert on three different radio programs about global citizens, international education and the PISA test. She holds MA. and M.Ed degrees in education and graduated Cum Laude from the University of Pennsylvania. She is certified in California single and multiple subjects. She is currently working on the new Nickelodeon television show, Bella and the Bulldogs.
Posts by Lisa Ellen Niver:
- The Father of Adventure Travel: Richard Bangs
- Living Beyond Breast Cancer: “We Can Survive” Concert Oct 24
- Alma Del Barrio: First Annual Salsa Fest this Sunday
- USA Today: 10Best Spas in Los Angeles: Part 3
- USA Today: 10Best Spas in Los Angeles: Part 2
- Discover Los Angeles: Tart Restaurant & Farmer’s Daughter Hotel
- USA Today: 10Best Spas in Los Angeles: Part 1
- Sunset Marquis Spa: A Hidden Gem of Rock’n Roll History
- Gold SATW & Independence Winners! Celebrate!
- Winners: Independence Writing Contest 2014